Ahhhh nearly ready to shoot!

Do's and Don'ts...

Each of my run throughs so far have highlighted any problems which may occur when actually doing the real thing! When doing the run through of my editorial on my friend at home there were many things which I picked up on which could mess up when doing my actual shoot:

  • Getting the cornered patterns on the face symmetrical either side, the eyebrow, top of the ear and bottom of the nose were all good marks to use when figuring out where they should be placed on the face.
  • When using the duo glue, I realised it was stronger than I thought! I only needed a small amount on the end of each feather stuck on the face! However in the run through I put too much on and when it dried I found it drowned out the flick pattern of colours underneath.
  • The rice stuck in a row above the eyebrow, when I painted it gold I used too thick a brush, note to self for next time to use a fine brush like a lip brush!
  • When putting the hair up in a ponytail the hair in the tail was so flat, so maybe considering back combing the hair would be something to consider to make it more volumed?
  • The necklace of feathers that I made looked a little bare at the top, luckily I have found a band of brown feathers with a hint of red which is perfect! I placed this band on top of the necklace when it was already on the neck, and I found it frames it really well! So you will see this genius creation when I do my final shoot...
Highlighted problems for my catwalk look...

  • First of all when applying the fuller's earth to the face there is no point what so ever putting foundation on there, as when I did that in my run through I scraped it all off anyway! So note for shoot; if there are any blemishes use small concealer brush and conceal once fuller's earth is dry! 
  • Making sure the fuller's earth is spread over the face right up to the hair line leaving no gap! This helps link the rice in the hair better with the pattern on the face, doesn't look so separated.
  • Before applying the rice onto the hair, do a smooth layer of the regular fuller's earth mixed with water, so at the end when taking it off the hair you can literally scrape it off.
  • When putting the rice and fuller's earth mixture onto the hair, don't put it on heavily, as long as the texture of the rice is visible on the hair, it doesn't matter how thick it is.
  • Spraying the rice sections gold on the hair works a lot better with tissue underneath it, this prevents the gold spray going anywhere else on the hair.
  • In between the golden rice sections in the hair there was no volume. So when the rice has settled, use a pin tail comb and pull the hair up in between and give it a bit of a back comb if possible!
  • Ensure the ends of the rice sections are pinned at the back tightly and sprayed, the last thing I need in my shoot is for them to loose there position and crumble out of shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment