Evaluation

Time to say goodbye...

I have thoroughly enjoyed this whole project very much to say the least! Throughout these last couple of months not only have I developed my makeup skills but have learnt a decent insight into so many things in the world which I didn't even think existed! I also feel this whole project is very well thought out as the practical sessions which took place were so relevant to the 'Wild Kingdom' brief, and admittedly I would not of  had a clue where to start or what to use without them! I am so happy with my final looks, and I can't praise the run through's enough! Whilst we're at this point i'd like to say a huge thank you to my models and my friends who let me run wild on their face and hair! Wouldn't of got very far without them!


My Editorial went so well, I can honestly say everything went smoothly on the day and I didn't encounter any problems! I did feel very prepared for this shoot and I was ready and eager to do it. I was happy with my styling of accessories, and I couldn't feel more proud of my little necklace creation as I wanted this to be the focus of the styling. I felt really represented the detail in which any editorial shot should include! So from the detailed flicks for the feathered pattern on the face to the string weaved and twisted in the hair, I felt I paid attention to the detail well with this look, giving it a more interesting pull, which ultimately is what the purpose of an editorial shot is!

Simultaneously my catwalk look when doing the final shoot went just as well! Apart from the slight change of idea I feel that I delt with the issue well and adjusted quickly! It is all about thinking quick on your feet, and if someone say's something doesn't look right I guess you need to be quick to think how to change what needs to be changed. So when Sharon told me the half face didn't work I delt with the issue well and carried on, thinking quick how to make this look work. One thing I would definitely work on is my styling for this image, I used the string wrapped around my model to give a 'raw' look, then underneath added a golden leave patterned scarf. The styling did fit the look, and whilst thinking about it if I did a more eye catching style it might of been too much for the whole look. However I definitely do think I need to spend more time when thinking and deciding on the styling. The image as a whole is striking, and I do think it is completely down to the fuller's earth effect. Although the colour palette is limited and if you think about it the whole idea is quite simple, I am still so happy with how each of these factors still give a strong image. When looking at catwalks the makeup and hair was either minimal or extreme... So who wouldn't want to go all out if they have the chance?!

Both images contrast so well and give off completely different perspective's of the tribal look. The difference reflects how varied my research was and also show's any readers how many tribes there actually are over the world and how different they all are! This whole project has opened my mind not only to these new techniques I have learnt but also to this ever so beautiful world.



No comments:

Post a Comment