Sharon says no!


Shazza say's no no no!

So out of the two previous face charts I have designed I feel that the second one included more techniques and was a lot more striking and stronger as a whole as an image. As you can see I decided to use my little rice and Fuller's earth invention on the hair too! I thought it would add to the Fuller's earth effect! But instead this time i used the Screen face gold spray to make the gold more sharp and shiny! Brilliant stuff! So here is my second model Sophie, and actually doing the look on her made me aware of how much space I would have on each section of her face to create the pattern. Anyway so the patterned Fuller's earth went well UNTIL Sharon stated that half faces don't work! So she suggested for me to do it all! So admittedly at the time it was only a run through so I carried on and decided to do a full face chart for my final. So back to the face chart, the eyes looked beautiful; winged out by the dark brown and highlighted by the gold! Sophie's skin is flawless so it made doing the foundation and contouring really easy!




Once the eyes were all done and shaded and the lips were all golden I tested the Fuller's earth pattern in the studio and it didn't show up very well in the pictures, so I chose to use the Aqua colour palette and create a mixture of red and brown. I see the aqua colour to be similar to water coloured paint, its light and simply adds a splash of colour. So using a fine brush I put this colour all over the patter and it came out quite nicely! It gave the pattern a really strong look. I absolutely love the eyes, especially as I went over them with the gold Illamasqua cream which picked up the tear ducts so well giving the design a look of elegance. Here's a little picture of me in action!


Here is my newly sketched face chart.. ready for my photo shoot for my catwalk!



To extend my research into the fuller's earth body idea, I had a look on the internet for a  tribe which help to represent this look and here's what I found...


Here is a body image of how Maasai warrior's from Kenya decorate their body. As you can see it is quite similar to the fuller's earth, instead here they used white chalk paint. This technique is so similar to mine, they have covered the body and carved out the pattern! 


No comments:

Post a Comment