Face Chart's 1 & 2 for Catwalk Shot!


time to walk the cat..

Inspiration from mood board..









Starting my catwalk look now and time is ticking! To get some ideas flowing I did two face charts, trying hard to contrast with my previous looks for my editorial shoot. Referring back to when I did my face shape experiments, I liked blocking out sections of the face and filling it out with colour. Thus my first face chart does just that. In this design I also thought to use the Fuller's earth that I thought was very effective when testing it out on arms. Once the Fuller's earth dried I loved the crackling effect it had, so I decided to include it into this design. Its not so clear in the picture but I actually split the face in half and only used the fullers earth on one half of the face, kind of giving the tribal look a mask. This design was to cover half the face in Fuller's Earth and let it dry without touching it to get that crackly effect. On the other half of the face I drew two sections around the eye that I will block out with bold black and green. The red lips stand out well, and the red, black and green together go well and are definitely tribal colours!



My second face chart I designed soon after is sort of similar in the fact that it's half a face, but a completely different pattern. As you can see I have designed it so the fullers earth is again on one half but this time with a pattern involved. My intention for this look was to get some tribal pattern involved in my designs rather than just having block colours like my previous chart. To create this look I would use one of the mini wooden sticks with the rounded edges that we used in our practical session when creating patterns in Fuller's earth before. Once the pattern is carved out you are left with a lovely crackled Fuller's earth effect. The eyes here are meant to be gold and brown, and surprisingly from my naked palette! The shades of gold and brown really give that royal tribal look, which is what I was trying to create here.


No comments:

Post a Comment