Face chart 3 for Editorial Shot!

Decision time..

Right, the final face chart I designed I am so happy to say went SO well!!!! And is my favourite by far!! I based it on the post I did of face experimentation! And I used the shapes from there which I found! Here's the chart..



 For this particular design I needed some feathers yay! Here's what I found.. and the bag of lots of mini feathers is for the face and the larger more detailed ones for the hair! Got them from Hobby Craft! Where else?! So happy with my buy as they fit my colour theme beautifully! Perfect if you ask me, this must be sign!!! Anyway I did think about the application of the feathers and I though Duo glue!





 I first practiced this look whilst I was at home, so I asked a friend of mine who has similar features to my editorial Model Saskia! Her name is Charlie and has great skin to work with! So I first put foundation on the face and concealed any blemishes. I then used my supra colour and a lip brush and mixed the red and brown to create this burgundy colour to get the cornered edges into place on the face. They were pretty easy to place as one was from the eyebrow corner, one from the top of the ear, the other from the bottom corner of the nose and finally one where the bottom of the cheek bone would be. Following the top line of each I made a sort of angle with the supra colour and started to flick out from the middle. The flicks are meant to represent a feathered base layer, so using dark and light brown, the burgundy and white I created different coloured flicks to emphasise the feathers which were going on top. I then painted a thick white line under the eye to stand out and bring focus to the eyes and away from the feathers a little. To add colour to the eyes even more I applied a burgundy/pink to the eye as an eye shadow. I extended the pink and white right out towards the edge of the hair line to create that 'winged' effect. 


I only thought to do one side incase I didn't like the design and wanted to try something else. So here's an image to show the progress of what was happening so far... And i'm liking it! I stuck the feathers on with duo glue onto each cornered pattern on the face, as though they we coming out from the centre of the angle. To carry on the white effect I was trying to achieve I first coloured the lips with the colour on the eyes, making it darker from the edge and lighter towards the middle. I left a gap in the middle of the lips and applied a thick white line which continued until under the chin! Still loving the design I thought to myself where the hell is the gold?! The gold worked so well before so I decided to use another technique from my practical lessons in uni! I use flat rice as a scar-like affect above the eyebrow. I used due glue again to stick them on in a single file row above the eyebrow, then painted them gold! This really finished the look and I was so happy with the result!

Here is a larger image of the end result of this face chart.




Oh and I nearly forgot to include my amazing necklace design!!! I used one of those foamy crown like head bands and used it as a template as a necklace! The image here might help with explaining more what it looked like. I used this plant pot to hold it in place whilst I created it. I layered the feathers from the bottom to the top to create a feathered necklace! It looked so good with the makeup design and really gave the animal related look I was going for! After all throughout my research of Wild Kingdom, tribal communities are so reliant on animals for their fashion and styling, so this created accessory was perfect!

So im not so great with designing hair ideas, and i'll admit that. So i'd much rather just have the head of hair in front of me and just let loose! So I first tried the typical french plaits, inverted and out, fish plaits you name it, but they just seemed to boring! Like hellooo it's been done so many times. So instead I did twists but with a twist.. haha. I added the string I bought when jewellery shopping and twisted that in with the hair! It came out so well and gave off this golden glow! I did about 6 twists over the top and front of the head and put the hair up in a ponytail. The string followed in the ponytail so I used that to add plaits and twists, then stuck the nice feathers at the bottom of the plaits to add the 'Native American' affect. I was very very happy with this look... Hello final!


No comments:

Post a Comment