Face Chart 2 for Editorial Shot!

Another face chart?

So I realistically need to practice this look on my model, especially as she has a slightly different face shape to my classmate I used before. I made 3 face charts the develop my first face chart because I was a tad unsure and wasn't completely satisfied with how the first practice went.. So here are my three face charts so you can see where i'm going, and I tried them all in a practice with my model for the editorial.. So you've seen this face chart before and i'm going to practice this again only this time on my model. This first picture below is the outcome of this face chart on my model!  I liked the look, don't get me wrong, but it just wasn't enough for me! I need more excitement on the face! Well here's a few images of the stages which got me to that look..


I used liquid latex to go over the soap technique I used to block out the eyebrows, it gave the texture a smooth finish. The smooth finish helped so much when colouring over the eyebrows to visually block them out with concealer and foundation! Still not 100% with this look though so here is my next face chart, and edited version of this one..So as you can see this second version looks more like a band of colour across the eyes and face. I also removed the inner shading with the dark brown eye shadow. This gave the look a smoother transition across the face, much better and sleek. It was easy to edit the previous look, I simply removed the inner shading, applied the foundation then added the gold colour to bind the colours across. The rest of the face was the same, but the difference was amazing! I much preferred this look! Here is an image to show you the outcome of the design..     
   
My third and final attempt at experimenting with this look consisted with blocking the whole head with colour, basically expanding the band of colour I designed before.. I have seen a lot of forehead pattern's on tribal makeup whilst researching which is a good sign! It was so easy to use the gold over the forehead, maybe the gold was a bit much but I loved it! unfortunately this work STILL hasn't satisfied my look I am trying to design.. Really not quite there yet but I guess you don't find out until you actually experiment! So this was definitely a worth while experiment! I still have my love for the red and the brown though, so i'm definitely sticking with that colour choice! Here's the image of how this came out in the end anyway.. I also put some of the Illamasqua gold cream on the hair, right at the front on the roots, gave a nice subtle shine of gold.


Here is an image of the brushes I used...


No comments:

Post a Comment