Face Chart 1 for Editorial Shot!

So things are starting to get serious now! And I have my first face chart ready to show you all!!

First here's a mood board for inspiration so I can keep referring back..









 As you can see after deciding I wanted to use the red I have stuck to that decision! I did a practice run through too so here are images to show how it went with my description along the way!.. I used my classmate Lydia as my model as she has similar features to my selected models who unfortunately were unavailable that day, but a face is a face! I cloaked, cleansed, toned and moisturised like any start to a makeup session. I applied the foundation, Illamasqua's rich foundation numbers 320 and 200, and concealed any blemishes! I contoured with the Screenface foundation palette, highlighting and giving definition to the cheek bone. Once the foundation was smooth and buffed I wanted to see how a splash of colour went basically. So from the top edge of the ear I used the red supra colour and extended the line under and to the mid point of the eye, leaving a gap between the eye and the line. I wasn't sure whether to keep or block out the eye brow but as this was a test run I did one side with and one without! I found it quite challenging to fade the red, so I started with the red cream supra colour, then added the new red Illamasqua powder eye shadow to help fade it out at the edge. On the actual eye lid I used the gold Illamasqua cream eye shadow which gave a really nice smooth finish, blending well with the red also. To define the eyes and give them more colour I used the Naked palette; the gold 'baked' and 'darkhorse' dark brown! I set the gold on top of the Illamasqua's cream gold, it gave it more of a glow and brought out the colour more. The dark brown I then used to darken the edges of the eyes; linking the tear duct to the top corner of the eyebrow, or for where there was no eyebrow where it would be. I also used it on the corner of the eye's and faded it out into the red. This completely opened the eyes up, especially when I did a fine line underneath the eyes too which made the eye's stand out even more! To block out the eyebrow I used soap and a mascara wand, the wand's bristles worked well with brushing and smoothing the eye brow hairs out and up.



In the end I decided to go without the eye brows, just so I could add more colour if I wanted to! However this isn't the end and I may find I don't go with this look at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment