Models! Models! Models!

Who's that girl...

It has taken some time to choose what type of model I would like for each of my shoots, from the beginning I have felt as though using female's would allow me to experiment more with the hair etc. Not to be sexist but I feel more confident using a female model, and whilst looking through all the different tribes many of the women use more techniques to make their look more meaningful. Typically tribal women have a darker skin tone as they are exposed to the sun more often than not! It would be almost expected of me to use mixed race models, therefore I will NOT! After looking at the modern interpretations of tribalism through popular current designers, there models contrast to the typical tribal look and bring a fresh new take on the look of tribal culture! I want to bring my own British side out onto my tribal looks and create something of my own! I want my outcome of my final looks to be more of a more contemporary fashion sort, whilst at the same time bringing in elements of the original tribal life! Bring on 2013!!


Here is my first model, Sophie, she is white caucasian. She has beautifully clear skin with a good even tone. Her facial features are nice and symmetrical, and are in proportion. Sophie has very light blue eyes which is exactly what I was looking for as they will stand out and I feel the eyes within this project are a main focus! Sophie has long thick hair, however has recently dyed the bottom blonde to look like this -->, which is fine with me as it only adds more colour to the palette! I asked if she had any skin conditions, allergies etc and it turns out her skin is fine with anything which is perfect as I will be using a range of makeup to achieve the tribal look. I have never used Sophie as a model before, which was slightly worrying as to how she would be in front of the camera. however after meeting up a few times and going over what I would like her to do she became confident enough to say yes I would be happy to pose.


As now one model is blonde, and I wanted to keep the same skin tone I chose my second model Saskia who is a beautiful brunette! I have used Saskia as a model before, she is slim, great facial features and I just love her rich, dark, long hair. By previously using Saskia as a model I know she is good in front of the camera and know's how to pose. What I love about Saskia is her strong bone structure in her face, and generally everywhere to be honest! Her slim figure really gives off the model look!

No comments:

Post a Comment