BRAIDING!!

Nothing like a good bit of old braidy braidy...




Rodarte's Spring/Summer collection in 2010 was extremely tribal inspired, this included body art (tattoo designs) and a lot of hair braiding! 




The hair stylist for the Rodarte collection was Odile Gilbert, many articles describing this collection mentioned that Odile Gilbert prepped the hair with styling foam and then scrunched the hair to add volume this added stiffness. Here are two of my own experiments for hair styling. For the first image instead of the typical simple braids, I sectioned the top part of the hair from the bottom and did some serious back-combing to add volume to the crown of the head. I did small and big twists in the hair, fish plaits, and even weaved through a separate green piece of crimped hair. I sectioned the parts of the hair surrounding the forehead to be pulled over the back combed hair to start my thick braid. I then pulled each plait, twist and piece of material and plaited the hair to become one big braid. The different textures gave it thickness and made it more interesting, to add even more length and volume I am definitely considering using hair extensions, maybe even a contrasting natural colour such as blonde.the style a fixed shape. The second image is a lot more simple, but I added a random makeup design, literally whatever came to my head, I then styled the hair. To get that long sausage shape on the head I used a filler which i made by stuffing tissue into a leg of tights and tying it up! Then as my models hair is so long i wrapped the hair around it and pinned it! Below is an image of a crazy hair design I found when searching on the web, whoever did this a truely well done is needed! This just shows how extreme you can go with shapes in the hair!


No comments:

Post a Comment