Market Research

This collage of images contains what I found on a day trip out to the main shopping area of southampton. The 'tribal' sense of fashion is becoming more and more popular within high street stores today, whether it be an ornament or a pattern on a piece of clothing. Skulls have become  a major fashion trend, especially with the patterned bone structure, these patterns reminding me of Maori tattooing with the swirls.
Tribal patterns on tops, jumpers etc are even becoming embroided rather than printed. The idea of embroidery patterns gives me the sense that tribal markings are not only there to be seen but felt too. This is me is an obvious representation of contemporary tribal design in today's society. It seems that the skulls are providing an out look on the circle of life which a lot of our cultures don't pay attention to.
The common colour palette of this research consisted of black, white, grey and red! I LOVE this range of colour's, it really emphasises what I have been researching and red is a common colour within every tribe I have looked at!

No comments:

Post a Comment