Jewellery Fascination!

You're not a normal girl if you don't love accessories...


It is common within African tribes for women to be topless and wear a lot of jewellery. The jewellery is normally hand made with beads, string, shells and even teeth! As you can see in the image here even animal skin is attached! I get the impression that jewellery means quite a lot to tribes like this, especially when clothing is minimal and it is the jewellery that attracts the attention of others! I love the bright colours included, and I guess for them the bright colours is a form of having something artificial rather than just having original pieces. 


 As I am a POOR student I went round Southampton town looking for bargains to get my accessory options available. I went to Primark as I know they do good cheap beads etc! And here is what I found... Too add to my jewellery hunt I also bought some rustic string from a little corner shop in bags, brown and green, I thought these were quite a raw material, something many tribes would use in the jungle!
Primark had some good chunky beads, they were great colour's too and not unrealistic! Dark and light browns, with some shimmery golds and some dark greens! Perfect for tribal with those 'earthy' colours! Another necklace I bought had pink plate in it, which I really didn't like at all but I took a great liking to the gold circular plates in-between. So however long winded I thought this would be I took apart the necklace and removed all the pink plates, I then put all the gold circles back on which to make matters worse were different sizes! Despite the effort it took to edit this necklace I loved the outcome, the gold plates looked good on their own, I was even thinking of using them on the face maybe...? It doesn't have to be a necklace after all! Here are a few images below for you to appreciate the effort, with a bit of help from my house mate of course haha!



No comments:

Post a Comment